[Nagiosplug-devel] Does Nagios::Plugin really need other modules?

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Fri Dec 7 00:27:02 CET 2007

Hi Folks:

I thought I would go and try out the new Nagios::Plugins library for
some new perl plugins.  However trying to build the RPM resulted in:

  > cpan2rpm Nagios::Plugin
  -- module: Nagios::Plugin --
  Using cached URL: http://search.cpan.org//CPAN/authors/id/T/TO/TONVOON/Nagios-Plugin-0.21.tar.gz
  Tarball found - not fetching
  Metadata retrieval
  Tarball extraction: [/home/rouilj/rpm/SOURCES/Nagios-Plugin-0.21.tar.gz]
  Unable to build module, the following dependencies have failed:
    Class::Accessor >= 0
    Test::More >= 0.62
    Params::Validate >= 0
    Math::Calc::Units >= 0

none of these dependencies are listed on the cpan manual page for
Nagios::Plugins. I truly don't see how we can distribute a copy of
Nagios::Plugin with the plugins and expect it to work with all these
dependencies.

Also cpan2rpm of Test::More resulted in:

  -- module: Test::More --
  Module not found on CPAN web site! at /usr/bin/cpan2rpm line 1201.

So please tell me something is wrong with cpan2rpm and that all of
these are optional dependencies and that basic functionality is
available without them.

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard